Optomap – Digital Imaging
The unique Optomap ultra-widefield view helps your eye care practitioner detect early signs of retinal disease more effectively and efficiently than with traditional eye exams.
Early detection means successful treatments can be administered and reduces the risk your sight and health. It allows the practitioner to examine 80% of the retina rather than only 15% is possible without using the Optomap.
The benefits of having an Optomap ultra-wide retinal image taken are:
- Optomap facilitates early protection from vision impairment or blindness
- Early detection of life-threatening diseases like cancer, stroke and cardiovascular disease
- Age-related macular changes
- Central serous retinopathy
- Diabetic eye related disease
- Macular oedema
- Macular hole